Dale Clark Scholarship Advancement of Women promotes this scholarship as an opportunity for a woman with unconventional leadership qualities. Those suited for this program possess a passion to help others grow, for self-improvement, self-awareness, and an overall commitment to increasing their leadership effectiveness. Dale Clark Scholarship Advancement of Women will award the following scholarship to the 2018-2019 POWER OF SELF program presented by Marsha Clark & Associates.
A seat in the POWER OF SELF Program will be awarded to one or two women based upon satisfaction of the application requirements that follow. The POWER OF SELF spans a series of sessions from October through May (skipping months December & March). It is an in-depth program that challenges women to grow immeasurably, both personally and professionally. The scholarship has a value of $19,500 (the fee charged to paying participants) and the scholarship recipient will participate in year-long program at no cost to her, other than travel, lodging and meals.
To learn more about this program, please visit the POWER OF SELF Program page on the Marsha Clark & Associates website.
Recipients of the Dale Clark Advancement of Women Scholarship embody every aspect of what Dale believed; that women are- smart, thoughtful, kind, witty, giving and diverse. The purpose of the scholarship is meant to provide women from all walks of life the opportunity to become aware of their individual strengths, learn how to best utilize their assets for the betterment of themselves, their organization and others while leave a lasting impact in their wake. Below is the complete list of the women who have been recipients of a Dale Clark Advancement of Women Scholarship:
- Power of Self #7 - Desire Lyle
- Power of Self #8 - Charmione Marcell
- Power of Self #9 - Ratna Jenna Sturz, E- RYT and Mentoring Services, Mount Madonna Institute
- Power of Self #10 - Jennifer Griffin, Design Within, Life and Leadership Coach
- Power of Self #11 - Dorayne Breedlove, Licensed Spiritual Coach and Professional Storyteller
- Power of Self #12 - Sarah Cotton Nelson, Chief Philanthropy Officer, Communities Foundation of Texas
- Power of Self #13 - Sallie Wells, Head of School, The Clariden School
- Power of Self #14 - Jessica Slie Trudeau, Director of Strategic Partnerships, The Momentous School
- Power of Self #14 - Janet Davis, Entrepreneur, Management Consultant to Nonprofit Organizations
- Power of Self #15 - Tiffani Davis, Chief Development Officer, WiNGs Dallas
- Power of Self #15 - Susie Wolbe, Owner, Dr. Susie Wolbe Educational Services
- Power of Self #16 - Manibala Jonnalagadda, VP Digital Product Management, mrcooper.com
- Power of Self #16 - Sheryldine Samuel, Director of Community and Education Programs, Family Compass
- Power of Self #17 - Song Pardue, Owner, Pickles and Ice Cream Maternity
- Power of Self #18 - Staceye Randle, Central Office Effectiveness Manager, DISD
IN MEMORY OF
Dale and Marsha Clark were together for over 30 years. They were best friends and soul mates in every sense of the word. Through many years together, Dale blazed new paths with Marsha, including that of loving spouse behind the powerful executive woman. He suffered many bad jokes, tacky remarks, and through it all maintained his grace, his dignity, and his wonderful sense of humor. He was forever Marsha's most powerful supporter.
In 2005, Dale fought an unsuccessful battle with cancer. His family asked if he wanted to identify a worthy cause for friends' contributions to honor his memory. In typical Dale style, he quickly and confidently asked that donations made in his honor support the efforts of Marsha Clark & Associates - women supporting women. Upon his passing, the Dale Clark Memorial Fund Advancement of Women was created to provide scholarships for deserving entrepreneurial and trailblazing women who otherwise could not attend the Power of Self program.